The dote educativa - educational endowment - is an “individual assistance plan” which consists of providing children that live in extreme poverty with “personalised” educational tools and services according to their age and specific requirements.
The endowment includes:
- support for the purchase of textbooks, school equipment (notebooks, colours, backpacks, ...), educational games, musical instruments, etc.
- support for extra-curricular expenses (e.g. outings, summer camps, extra-curricular activities, etc.)
- free courses, sports activities and musical education activities
- computer use and free accessing of internet connection
- a set number of hours of support for individual studies (also via volunteers)
- help with transport expenses (to get to school and other centres).